BLINDS CORNERS AND CURVES

Blinds corners and curves - Flowering trees for shade.

HARDWARE FOR ROMAN SHADES. ROMAN SHADES


HARDWARE FOR ROMAN SHADES. CHEAP OUTDOOR CANOPIES.



Hardware For Roman Shades





hardware for roman shades






    roman shades
  • (Roman shade) A flat fabric shade that folds into neat horizontal pleats when raised.

  • (Roman Shade) This window treatment style consists of a fabric shade with wooden slats inserted horizontally at intervals down its entire length. It is raised and lowered via pull cord as with other blinds, but gathers soft folds as it does so.

  • (Roman Shade) A single sheet shade that rises up by lift cord in a tear drop or flat style that looks like an accordion folding up back and forth on itself. Reminds me of an opera house window treatment swag. Part of our Melhanna Shade collection.





    hardware
  • major items of military weaponry (as tanks or missile)

  • Tools, machinery, and other durable equipment

  • The machines, wiring, and other physical components of a computer or other electronic system

  • Tools, implements, and other items used in home life and activities such as gardening

  • instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal

  • (computer science) the mechanical, magnetic, electronic, and electrical components making up a computer system











Rutland Road




Rutland Road





Rutland Road, Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn

In the latter part of the 19th century and the early years of the 20th century the old town of Flatbush developed front a quiet rural community into one of the major residential areas of greater New York.- Among the factors contributing to this were the extraordinary growth of the independent city of Brooklyn, the construction of Prospect Park, the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge, and the improvement of transit facilities linking the rural areas of Kings County with the cities of New York and Brooklyn. Much of the building in Flatbush during this period took the form of freestanding, single-family, frame residences built for the middle class. These houses ranged from the modest scale of those in the Vanderveer Park development, east of Flatbush Avenue, -to the grand mansions of Prospect Park South. Later, two-family frame dwellings, one- and two-family rowhouses, apartment houses, and tenements began to appear as Flatbush became an increasingly popular residential neighborhood.

The Prospect Lefferts Gardens Historic District, located, on the northern boundary of the old village, centers on the only substantial concentration of urbanistic -rowhouses in Flatbush.

Settlement in Flatbush probably began in 1652,2 although farms within the boundaries of the Dutch village known as Midwout or Middlewoods, were probably settled as early as the 1630s by fanners moving north from the settlement of Nieuw Amersfoort. Midwout was one of the six towns of Kings County to be founded while the area was under Dutch rule. The other five were Breuckelen, later Brooklyn, located to the north of Midwout; Boswijk, later Bushwick, to the northeast; Nieuw Amersfoort, later Flatlands, to the south; New Utrecht, to the wast; and Gravesend, an English-speaking settlement, the first in America established by a woman, to the southeast. Hie village of Midwout was founded in response to the Dutch West India Company's request that "the people be induced to establish themselves in the more suitable places with a certain number of inhabitant in the manner of towns, villages and hamlets as the English are in the habit of doing."

The farms of Midwout were originally laid out in an erratic manner and were not easily defensible; thus, in 1665 a plan for a new village was accepted by Governor Peter Stuyvesant under the condition that plots be sat aside for a church, a school, a courthouse, arid a tavern. The heroes of the farming families were bu5.lt along what is now Flatbush Avenue with farm plots stretching east and west from the houses in long narrow strips.

The center of the early village was located where Church and Flatbush Avenues now cross, and the first church on western long Island was erected there. Midwout was chosen by Stuyvesant as the site for the Dutch Reformed Church because of its central location among the six settlements. The church was deeded a large plot of land and in 1662 the first church building, a frame cruciform structure, was completed. This building was replaced in 1699 by a larger stone structure that was* in turn, replaced by the present Flatbush Dutch Reformed Church of 1793, built on the foundations of the second church. This handsome Federal style structure was designed by architect Thomas Fardon and is a designated New York City Landmark, The site is -the oldest in New York City in continuous use for a house of worship.

The courthouse that Stuyvesant had requested was erected next to the church, and the first public school was built in 1658 just opposite the church. In 1787 the private Erasmus Hall Academy, the first secondary school chartered by the New YorkState Board of Regents, was founded on Flatbush Avenue just south of the village school, on land donated by the Dutch Reformed Church. Among -the original patrons of the Academy were Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, John Jay, and Robert Livingston, The original Academy building still stands within the courtyard of the present high school and is a designated Landmark.

Due to its central location among the early Dutch towns, Midwout became the marketing, legal, end governmental center for the Dutch settlements of Long Island. In 1654, when the Dutch ceded their holdings in New Netherlands to the English, Midwot was renamed Flatbush: an English translation of the Dutch "Vlaake Bos," a name often given to Midwout. This was one of the few changes that affected the Dutch farmers under English rule. The outlying areas of icings County were left alone by the new rulers, and it was not until well into the 19th century that English became the common language of the town.

During the Revolutionary War the residents of Flatbush chose to remain neutral, but on August 27, 1776, they became involved in the Battle of long Island, The village lay in the line of the northern advance of the British troops under lord Cornwallis and a number of skirmishes occurred in the Flatbush area. Flatbush was oc











Maple Street




Maple Street





Maple Street, Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn

In the latter part of the 19th century and the early years of the 20th century the old town of Flatbush developed front a quiet rural community into one of the major residential areas of greater New York.- Among the factors contributing to this were the extraordinary growth of the independent city of Brooklyn, the construction of Prospect Park, the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge, and the improvement of transit facilities linking the rural areas of Kings County with the cities of New York and Brooklyn. Much of the building in Flatbush during this period took the form of freestanding, single-family, frame residences built for the middle class. These houses ranged from the modest scale of those in the Vanderveer Park development, east of Flatbush Avenue, -to the grand mansions of Prospect Park South. Later, two-family frame dwellings, one- and two-family rowhouses, apartment houses, and tenements began to appear as Flatbush became an increasingly popular residential neighborhood.

The Prospect Lefferts Gardens Historic District, located, on the northern boundary of the old village, centers on the only substantial concentration of urbanistic -rowhouses in Flatbush.

Settlement in Flatbush probably began in 1652,2 although farms within the boundaries of the Dutch village known as Midwout or Middlewoods, were probably settled as early as the 1630s by fanners moving north from the settlement of Nieuw Amersfoort. Midwout was one of the six towns of Kings County to be founded while the area was under Dutch rule. The other five were Breuckelen, later Brooklyn, located to the north of Midwout; Boswijk, later Bushwick, to the northeast; Nieuw Amersfoort, later Flatlands, to the south; New Utrecht, to the wast; and Gravesend, an English-speaking settlement, the first in America established by a woman, to the southeast. Hie village of Midwout was founded in response to the Dutch West India Company's request that "the people be induced to establish themselves in the more suitable places with a certain number of inhabitant in the manner of towns, villages and hamlets as the English are in the habit of doing."

The farms of Midwout were originally laid out in an erratic manner and were not easily defensible; thus, in 1665 a plan for a new village was accepted by Governor Peter Stuyvesant under the condition that plots be sat aside for a church, a school, a courthouse, arid a tavern. The heroes of the farming families were bu5.lt along what is now Flatbush Avenue with farm plots stretching east and west from the houses in long narrow strips.

The center of the early village was located where Church and Flatbush Avenues now cross, and the first church on western long Island was erected there. Midwout was chosen by Stuyvesant as the site for the Dutch Reformed Church because of its central location among the six settlements. The church was deeded a large plot of land and in 1662 the first church building, a frame cruciform structure, was completed. This building was replaced in 1699 by a larger stone structure that was* in turn, replaced by the present Flatbush Dutch Reformed Church of 1793, built on the foundations of the second church. This handsome Federal style structure was designed by architect Thomas Fardon and is a designated New York City Landmark, The site is -the oldest in New York City in continuous use for a house of worship.

The courthouse that Stuyvesant had requested was erected next to the church, and the first public school was built in 1658 just opposite the church. In 1787 the private Erasmus Hall Academy, the first secondary school chartered by the New YorkState Board of Regents, was founded on Flatbush Avenue just south of the village school, on land donated by the Dutch Reformed Church. Among -the original patrons of the Academy were Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, John Jay, and Robert Livingston, The original Academy building still stands within the courtyard of the present high school and is a designated Landmark.

Due to its central location among the early Dutch towns, Midwout became the marketing, legal, end governmental center for the Dutch settlements of Long Island. In 1654, when the Dutch ceded their holdings in New Netherlands to the English, Midwot was renamed Flatbush: an English translation of the Dutch "Vlaake Bos," a name often given to Midwout. This was one of the few changes that affected the Dutch farmers under English rule. The outlying areas of icings County were left alone by the new rulers, and it was not until well into the 19th century that English became the common language of the town.

During the Revolutionary War the residents of Flatbush chose to remain neutral, but on August 27, 1776, they became involved in the Battle of long Island, The village lay in the line of the northern advance of the British troops under lord Cornwallis and a number of skirmishes occurred in the Flatbush area. Flatbush was oc









hardware for roman shades







Related topics:

drapery scarf holders

white wedding canopy

flowering shrub for shade

door inserts with blinds

shade plants flowers

pit blinds for duck hunting

orange lamp shades



category
Category: None
tag
hardware
for
roman
shades
shade
tolerant
annuals
awnings
and
more