BLINDS CORNERS AND CURVES

Blinds corners and curves - Flowering trees for shade.

CELLULAR BLACKOUT SHADE : CELLULAR BLACKOUT


CELLULAR BLACKOUT SHADE : RV AWNING FABRIC REPLACEMENT : FUNKY LAMP SHADES.



Cellular Blackout Shade





cellular blackout shade






    blackout shade
  • (Blackout Shades) UpRefers to cellular shades that block 100% of outside light. Blackout is often a good choice for bedrooms, nurseries, and media rooms.





    cellular
  • Denoting or relating to a mobile telephone system that uses a number of short-range radio stations to cover the area that it serves, the signal being automatically switched from one station to another as the user travels about

  • (of a fabric item, such as a blanket or vest) Knitted so as to form holes or hollows that trap air and provide extra insulation

  • Of, relating to, or consisting of living cells

  • characterized by or divided into or containing cells or compartments (the smallest organizational or structural unit of an organism or organization); "the cellular construction of a beehive"; "any effective opposition to a totalitarian regime must be secretive and cellular"

  • relating to cells; "cellular walls"; "cellular physiology"

  • (cellularity) the state of having cells











Blackout!




Blackout!





The Philippines main island of Luzon today had rotational scheduled 2 hour blackouts due to boiler leaks in two power plants and it is said it will last for 5 days. My room is dark. I have sun shades in all windows to filter out sunlight and heat to enter the room except for one window. The afternoon heat was terrible. I hope the outage will be in the morning tomorrow.

Today's Bible Versae:

Anyone who wants to follow me must put aside his own desires and conveniences and carry his cross with him every day and keep close to me!

LUKE 9;23 TLB











Vdara Hotel Window Shade Controls in Las Vegas




Vdara Hotel Window Shade Controls in Las Vegas





This was the control to raise and lower the regular shades and the blackout shades. Blackout is a misnomer as they did not really black out daylight. The rooms are very modern and well designed for laptop and ipod users. Taken in room 37011.









cellular blackout shade







Related topics:

coolaroo classic southern sunset exterior sun shade

different shades of purple paint

little girl canopy beds

plaid silk drapes

voile drape

sheer weave roller shades

coolaroo exterior sun shade

hampton bay replacement glass shades

4 inch fitter glass shade

kelysus convertible canopy chair



category
Category: None
tag
cellular
blackout
shade
drapery
construction
sunncamp
porch
awnings
shutter
depot

DRAPERY HARDWARE CORNER. HARDWARE CORNER


Drapery hardware corner. Arch window draperies. Roll blinds.



Drapery Hardware Corner





drapery hardware corner






    drapery hardware
  • Any fixture that supports drapery or shades that are hung on windows like rods, rings, hooks, brackets, etc.





    corner
  • A place where two streets meet

  • A place or angle where two or more sides or edges meet

  • a place off to the side of an area; "he tripled to the rightfield corner"; "the southeastern corner of the Mediterranean"

  • gain control over; "corner the gold market"

  • the point where two lines meet or intersect; "the corners of a rectangle"

  • An area inside a room, box, or square-shaped space, near the place where two or more edges or surfaces meet











Ensenberger Building- Bloomington IL




Ensenberger Building- Bloomington IL





Gustave Adolph Ensenberger came to the United States from Bavaria in Germany in 1854. Only three years old at the time, he and his family initially settled in Ohio and then moved to Indiana. Gustave went to school until the age of twelve when he began to work in order to help support his family. George Ensenberger, Gustave's father, went off to fight with the Union Army in the Civil War in the early 1860s. Upon his return, George brought his family to Bloomington, Illinois, in April 1868. He was encouraged to do so by an old friend, Dr. Herman Schroeder, a horticulturist. Dr. Schroeder encouraged many of his friends to make a home in Bloomington because of its rich farmland, prosperity, and great opportunity.
After establishing a new residence, Gustave went to work in Dr. Schroeder's vineyard. He then followed in the footsteps of his father and the many other woodworkers from his family's past. He was hired by the Bloomington Manufacturing Company where he assisted in the making of cabinets and other furniture. After this experience, Gustave decided he wanted to start his own furniture manufacturing business. In 1879, he opened the Bee Hive store on the corner of Front and Center Streets. The making of the furniture was done inside the building, and then it was put out on the sidewalk to be sold. Not long after opening its doors, the business moved a couple doors east on Front Street into the Gridley Building. In the next few years, Gustave's efforts fueled the growth of his company. In 1886, he purchased the D.B. Harwood Hardware Store Building at 212 N. Center Street. This address was the location of the business for the next 109 years. While business was booming, Gustave decided that he needed to continue expanding. In 1909 and 1910, a six-story building was constructed to connect with the original building on the Madison Street side. It was designed by George Miller. In the same years, a warehouse for the Ensenberger business was created on the corner of Washington Street and Roosevelt Avenue.
Over the years, the business began to sell other manufacturers' merchandise in addition to its own. Expansion was also evident by the fact that the store added a rug department along with draperies, linoleums, window shades, phonographs, lamps, and pianos. As a result of all these events, the business prospered, and Gustave became an admired Bloomington citizen. He was also considered an upstanding citizen because of his involvement in the community's civic affairs. Meanwhile, while Gustave was attempting to run a successful business, his wife, Elizabeth Reisch Ensenberger, gave birth to five children, Frank, Gus, Joseph, Eleanor Marie, and Marie Frances. Both daughters died at a very young age. However, Frank, Gus, and Joseph survived and grew up with the business, which proved to be a major influence in their lives. After Gustave retired in 1913, his sons took control of the business. Frank became president; Joe became vice-president; and Gus became secretary-treasurer. Also, in 1914, the firm was incorporated as G.A. Ensenberger & Sons. The three sons managed the firm successfully even after their father's death in 1917.
As the years progressed, the sons decided that they wanted to construct a new building that would replace the present one. In 1925 and 1926, a modern English Gothic building was created to house the furniture store. Designed by the A.L. Pillsbury firm, this structure was unlike any other building in Bloomington. With its gothic spires, colorful terra-cotta medallions, and ornate indoor decorations, the new seven-story Ensenberger building was an architectural wonder that cost between $250,000 and $300,000 to create. The opening of the store occurred on May 11, 1926. It was estimated that 40,000 people, some from as far away as California and New York, visited the store during the first five days after the opening. Frank, Gus, and Joe continued to operate the store for the next few decades.
In 1972 when Joe died, his son, Joseph, became president of the business. Five years later, Joseph moved to New Mexico and left control of the company in the hands of his brother, Jack Ensenberger. Jack continued to operate the firm with the help of his son, David, and his daughter, Lucy, the fourth generation of Ensenbergers to take part in this furniture enterprise. In the 1990s, the Ensenberger store was being hurt by the changing behavior of consumers. Customers were more likely to shop at a variety of stores. They paid more attention to prices. Lastly, there was a declining loyalty to longtime retailers among customers. Therefore, since the business had trouble competing in the furniture market, Jack closed its doors in November 1995.

from mchistory.org











Lyttelton 1855




Lyttelton 1855





This is a restoration of the earliest known photograph of Lyttelton. Dated 1855, it is view down Canterbury Street from the north-east corner of the intersection at London Street. Taken from the immediate vicinity of what is now the site of the Volcano Cafe, it shows what was then the main shopping street of the early port. The conflaguration of 1870 cleared the way for the horizontal London Street to replace Canterbury Street in that respect.

Viewed from the south-west corner of London Street are:

Armitage Brothers's Butchery

William Pratt's Drapery and General store. Pratt subsequently sold out to the Baker and Confectioner Thomas Gee (this photograph comes from the collection of Gee's Grandson, Alfred Selwyn Bruce). William Pratt went on to found the Christchurch store that became Ballantynes.

The front fence of the house of Henry William Reid. A Dr. McCheyne lost his life by falling down the (extant) entrance steps behind the gate.

Unknown shop.

Samuel Gundry's hardware store

Mrs Coe's Drapery shop

The Livery Stables of Thomas Bruce and Coe (the aforementioned Alfred Selwyn Bruce (1866-1936) was the son of Thomas Bruce (1826-1899) and his wife Ellen, formerly Gee (1833-1928).

The first Mitre hotel on the corner of Norwich Quay, opened by Major Hornbrook in 1849 and destroyed by fire in 1870.











drapery hardware corner







Related topics:

retractable car window shade

toile chandelier shades

contemporary roman shades

gazebo canopy parts

windows blinds xp themes

10 x 10 gazebo replacement canopy

shades of red for hair color



category
Category: None
tag
drapery
hardware
corner
colonial
storm
shutters
awnings
seattle

HARDWARE FOR ROMAN SHADES. ROMAN SHADES


HARDWARE FOR ROMAN SHADES. CHEAP OUTDOOR CANOPIES.



Hardware For Roman Shades





hardware for roman shades






    roman shades
  • (Roman shade) A flat fabric shade that folds into neat horizontal pleats when raised.

  • (Roman Shade) This window treatment style consists of a fabric shade with wooden slats inserted horizontally at intervals down its entire length. It is raised and lowered via pull cord as with other blinds, but gathers soft folds as it does so.

  • (Roman Shade) A single sheet shade that rises up by lift cord in a tear drop or flat style that looks like an accordion folding up back and forth on itself. Reminds me of an opera house window treatment swag. Part of our Melhanna Shade collection.





    hardware
  • major items of military weaponry (as tanks or missile)

  • Tools, machinery, and other durable equipment

  • The machines, wiring, and other physical components of a computer or other electronic system

  • Tools, implements, and other items used in home life and activities such as gardening

  • instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal

  • (computer science) the mechanical, magnetic, electronic, and electrical components making up a computer system











Rutland Road




Rutland Road





Rutland Road, Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn

In the latter part of the 19th century and the early years of the 20th century the old town of Flatbush developed front a quiet rural community into one of the major residential areas of greater New York.- Among the factors contributing to this were the extraordinary growth of the independent city of Brooklyn, the construction of Prospect Park, the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge, and the improvement of transit facilities linking the rural areas of Kings County with the cities of New York and Brooklyn. Much of the building in Flatbush during this period took the form of freestanding, single-family, frame residences built for the middle class. These houses ranged from the modest scale of those in the Vanderveer Park development, east of Flatbush Avenue, -to the grand mansions of Prospect Park South. Later, two-family frame dwellings, one- and two-family rowhouses, apartment houses, and tenements began to appear as Flatbush became an increasingly popular residential neighborhood.

The Prospect Lefferts Gardens Historic District, located, on the northern boundary of the old village, centers on the only substantial concentration of urbanistic -rowhouses in Flatbush.

Settlement in Flatbush probably began in 1652,2 although farms within the boundaries of the Dutch village known as Midwout or Middlewoods, were probably settled as early as the 1630s by fanners moving north from the settlement of Nieuw Amersfoort. Midwout was one of the six towns of Kings County to be founded while the area was under Dutch rule. The other five were Breuckelen, later Brooklyn, located to the north of Midwout; Boswijk, later Bushwick, to the northeast; Nieuw Amersfoort, later Flatlands, to the south; New Utrecht, to the wast; and Gravesend, an English-speaking settlement, the first in America established by a woman, to the southeast. Hie village of Midwout was founded in response to the Dutch West India Company's request that "the people be induced to establish themselves in the more suitable places with a certain number of inhabitant in the manner of towns, villages and hamlets as the English are in the habit of doing."

The farms of Midwout were originally laid out in an erratic manner and were not easily defensible; thus, in 1665 a plan for a new village was accepted by Governor Peter Stuyvesant under the condition that plots be sat aside for a church, a school, a courthouse, arid a tavern. The heroes of the farming families were bu5.lt along what is now Flatbush Avenue with farm plots stretching east and west from the houses in long narrow strips.

The center of the early village was located where Church and Flatbush Avenues now cross, and the first church on western long Island was erected there. Midwout was chosen by Stuyvesant as the site for the Dutch Reformed Church because of its central location among the six settlements. The church was deeded a large plot of land and in 1662 the first church building, a frame cruciform structure, was completed. This building was replaced in 1699 by a larger stone structure that was* in turn, replaced by the present Flatbush Dutch Reformed Church of 1793, built on the foundations of the second church. This handsome Federal style structure was designed by architect Thomas Fardon and is a designated New York City Landmark, The site is -the oldest in New York City in continuous use for a house of worship.

The courthouse that Stuyvesant had requested was erected next to the church, and the first public school was built in 1658 just opposite the church. In 1787 the private Erasmus Hall Academy, the first secondary school chartered by the New YorkState Board of Regents, was founded on Flatbush Avenue just south of the village school, on land donated by the Dutch Reformed Church. Among -the original patrons of the Academy were Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, John Jay, and Robert Livingston, The original Academy building still stands within the courtyard of the present high school and is a designated Landmark.

Due to its central location among the early Dutch towns, Midwout became the marketing, legal, end governmental center for the Dutch settlements of Long Island. In 1654, when the Dutch ceded their holdings in New Netherlands to the English, Midwot was renamed Flatbush: an English translation of the Dutch "Vlaake Bos," a name often given to Midwout. This was one of the few changes that affected the Dutch farmers under English rule. The outlying areas of icings County were left alone by the new rulers, and it was not until well into the 19th century that English became the common language of the town.

During the Revolutionary War the residents of Flatbush chose to remain neutral, but on August 27, 1776, they became involved in the Battle of long Island, The village lay in the line of the northern advance of the British troops under lord Cornwallis and a number of skirmishes occurred in the Flatbush area. Flatbush was oc











Maple Street




Maple Street





Maple Street, Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn

In the latter part of the 19th century and the early years of the 20th century the old town of Flatbush developed front a quiet rural community into one of the major residential areas of greater New York.- Among the factors contributing to this were the extraordinary growth of the independent city of Brooklyn, the construction of Prospect Park, the opening of the Brooklyn Bridge, and the improvement of transit facilities linking the rural areas of Kings County with the cities of New York and Brooklyn. Much of the building in Flatbush during this period took the form of freestanding, single-family, frame residences built for the middle class. These houses ranged from the modest scale of those in the Vanderveer Park development, east of Flatbush Avenue, -to the grand mansions of Prospect Park South. Later, two-family frame dwellings, one- and two-family rowhouses, apartment houses, and tenements began to appear as Flatbush became an increasingly popular residential neighborhood.

The Prospect Lefferts Gardens Historic District, located, on the northern boundary of the old village, centers on the only substantial concentration of urbanistic -rowhouses in Flatbush.

Settlement in Flatbush probably began in 1652,2 although farms within the boundaries of the Dutch village known as Midwout or Middlewoods, were probably settled as early as the 1630s by fanners moving north from the settlement of Nieuw Amersfoort. Midwout was one of the six towns of Kings County to be founded while the area was under Dutch rule. The other five were Breuckelen, later Brooklyn, located to the north of Midwout; Boswijk, later Bushwick, to the northeast; Nieuw Amersfoort, later Flatlands, to the south; New Utrecht, to the wast; and Gravesend, an English-speaking settlement, the first in America established by a woman, to the southeast. Hie village of Midwout was founded in response to the Dutch West India Company's request that "the people be induced to establish themselves in the more suitable places with a certain number of inhabitant in the manner of towns, villages and hamlets as the English are in the habit of doing."

The farms of Midwout were originally laid out in an erratic manner and were not easily defensible; thus, in 1665 a plan for a new village was accepted by Governor Peter Stuyvesant under the condition that plots be sat aside for a church, a school, a courthouse, arid a tavern. The heroes of the farming families were bu5.lt along what is now Flatbush Avenue with farm plots stretching east and west from the houses in long narrow strips.

The center of the early village was located where Church and Flatbush Avenues now cross, and the first church on western long Island was erected there. Midwout was chosen by Stuyvesant as the site for the Dutch Reformed Church because of its central location among the six settlements. The church was deeded a large plot of land and in 1662 the first church building, a frame cruciform structure, was completed. This building was replaced in 1699 by a larger stone structure that was* in turn, replaced by the present Flatbush Dutch Reformed Church of 1793, built on the foundations of the second church. This handsome Federal style structure was designed by architect Thomas Fardon and is a designated New York City Landmark, The site is -the oldest in New York City in continuous use for a house of worship.

The courthouse that Stuyvesant had requested was erected next to the church, and the first public school was built in 1658 just opposite the church. In 1787 the private Erasmus Hall Academy, the first secondary school chartered by the New YorkState Board of Regents, was founded on Flatbush Avenue just south of the village school, on land donated by the Dutch Reformed Church. Among -the original patrons of the Academy were Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, John Jay, and Robert Livingston, The original Academy building still stands within the courtyard of the present high school and is a designated Landmark.

Due to its central location among the early Dutch towns, Midwout became the marketing, legal, end governmental center for the Dutch settlements of Long Island. In 1654, when the Dutch ceded their holdings in New Netherlands to the English, Midwot was renamed Flatbush: an English translation of the Dutch "Vlaake Bos," a name often given to Midwout. This was one of the few changes that affected the Dutch farmers under English rule. The outlying areas of icings County were left alone by the new rulers, and it was not until well into the 19th century that English became the common language of the town.

During the Revolutionary War the residents of Flatbush chose to remain neutral, but on August 27, 1776, they became involved in the Battle of long Island, The village lay in the line of the northern advance of the British troops under lord Cornwallis and a number of skirmishes occurred in the Flatbush area. Flatbush was oc









hardware for roman shades







Related topics:

drapery scarf holders

white wedding canopy

flowering shrub for shade

door inserts with blinds

shade plants flowers

pit blinds for duck hunting

orange lamp shades



category
Category: None
tag
hardware
for
roman
shades
shade
tolerant
annuals
awnings
and
more